One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Monday, March 28, 2005

about those archives

My archives go back relatively far, but they are somewhat different than my recent posts. Originally, I sent my friends and family email updates about Annika's latest and greatest feats, and also about her medical struggles. Eventually, I began to feel a little bad clogging up people's email boxes ("Read this! It's all about my kid! And her poop! And hospital junk and stuff!"), so I decided to make it a bit more voluntary. That is, if people really wanted to know about what was up with Annika, they could go to a website instead of having it shoved down their throats. So, originally this website was called "Anni Stories" and was written the same as if I were shooting off an email update. Meaning that there were probably a few too many exclamation points and relatively little thought given to readability. At some point I noticed that not many in my family, and really just a few friends, were still reading. Rather than stopping the website, I decided that this freed me up to make it my own space. I still write 95% of the time about our kids and what they are up to. But nowadays I feel free to throw more of myself into the mix. Plus, I began to try to really write the entries, so they would be something I would enjoy re-reading. And then I started a new group blog postcards from holland, for those times I felt like writing more general stuff about the strangeness of the medically obsessed life. Having written this post (and linking to it on the sidebar for all eternity) saves me from having to go back through and rewrite all those earlier entries to make this blog more cohesive. At least now I've given an explanation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jordan said...

The writer is totally right, and there is no skepticism.
see that | here | link

3/15/2012 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home