One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Insult to Injury

The cat puked today. If Joerg so much as burps in my direction, I may run screaming from our house of stinky bodily fluids. (I kid. We are so happy to be home from the hospital with Annika. Today the girls stared into each other's eyes and engaged in the long, happy hugs of best friends reunited after a separation by miles of ocean across many years. Although I frequently had to grab Frankie back to my lap before she could puke all over Anni's shiny face.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I wouldn't blame you if you did.

Some people know how to look on the bright side of things. You turned green poop into a party decoration.

You deserve a break!

3/19/2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Too funny, Moreena! Someone should really warn prospective parents about how much time they will be spending in the company of stinky bodily fluids.

The description of the two girls reunited is gorgeous. (Even the puke part.)

3/19/2005 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home