One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

just a little nugget that I want to remember...

but perhaps not so interesting to the world at large. I'm just all full of the Mommy Love. Today Annika had her very first swimming lesson. Mind you, she's only been in a "big pool" 3 times in her life before today. At the end of the 30-minute lesson, the teacher asked them to jump into the pool by themselves (with her standing there obviously). Annika did it, with gusto, and went all the way under. She came up wide-eyed, sputtering, and slightly shocked, but proud. My girl's got guts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

She sure does. When I casually mentioned to my little guy that his best friend liked her swimming lessons, he replied, "Well Mama, I am not old enough for swimming lesson."

Oh. Right then.

Annika is my hero.

3/24/2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Aw. I was 3 when I started taking lessons at the park near my grandmother's. I was very proud of myself apparently, but a danger too because after the first lesson, I really believed I could swim in any water. Mostly we just learned to do 'supermans', which was gliding on the water, not swimming at all.

3/24/2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger Marisa said...

She sure does have guts! That's awesome that she jumped in all by herself. WAY TO GO ANNIKA!

3/24/2005 8:15 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

She jumped all the way in? That's really impressive. With my kids,once they conquered that, they just turned into total water rats.

3/24/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger PPB said...

You go, Annika!!!
I used to teach pre-school swimming lessons. I don't think I ever had a 4 year old jump the first day!!

3/24/2005 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home