One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Victory is Mine!

WooHoo! I won a Gold Medal over at Phantom Scribbler for throwing out a bunch of funny place names. This is the first time I've won something since the exciting evening 15 years ago that I won the soundtrack to Louis Malle's May Fools, which served as my introduction to the rolling-along-geniality of Stephane Grappelli. But I guess maybe that one doesn't count since the only thing I did for that prize was buy a movie ticket, and still have it in my pocket during the drawing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

You earned that gold medal, Moreena. No matter what the riff-raff say.

3/25/2005 11:01 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You are a funny lady, and a winner in all of our hearts.

3/25/2005 11:17 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Congratulations. A blog award is a hugely prestigious. Only the very best commenters get them.

3/26/2005 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home