One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Friday, June 10, 2005

neverending soundtrack

It was just a matter of time before Frankie fell in love with this song too, what with Anni sighing dramatically throughout (and now even mewling like a little kitten when she hears it - I have no idea what that is all about, but it works). So here are 10 seconds, featuring Frankie's vocal debut...it just goes to show you why Joerg and I have been discussing using the rhythm method of birth control*. We don't really want to have another child, but when you are surrounded by this all day, the idea of doing it all over again...well, it doesn't exactly seem like the worst thing. *Maja, this is exactly what you were talking about when you wrote me about the problem of knowing your mother-in-law reads your blog. You're right. Apologies, Elke.

8 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

So cute!

6/11/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger KibitzingShiksa said...

That is utterly adorable. I was bowled over when my youngest sister (17 years my junior) could sing whole songs with the radio while still mastering the walking thing- how do they learn so fast??? And that particular song always gets me teary, for some reason.....

6/11/2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

That is totally the cutest thing I have ever seen! Thank you!

6/12/2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Moreena, that was just the sweetest thing I have ever seen! You need to show me how to put stuff like that on my blog, I would love to show a little part of Anna's recital!

6/12/2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Moreena said...

Sarah,
I have iMovie on my Mac, which pretty much does all the work for me. Then I just transfer my little movie to our free account and post a link, just like you would to any web page, and that's it!

6/12/2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger geekfarm said...

I have been looking at blogs wondering what the big deal is and why people bother. Yours was the first that has really made me smile. I was so pleased to see nothing about the Phantom Menace or the Bush presidency.

6/14/2005 9:52 AM  
Blogger Bettie Bookish said...

When my son was about 6, we were in the car one day and "How Soon Is Now" came on the radio. I held up my hand, "Oh, I love this song. It's so sad!" I said.

He listened.

"...So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own..."

He looks at me and deadpans: "I'm not crying."

6/14/2005 10:19 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

I'm such a mom that I didn't even NEED the translation at the end...I have one that sounds JUST like her!

Beautiful, aren't they?

Rhythm, schmythm. If they are meant to be, they will arrive! My little 2 year old was concieved after a vasectomy, so there ya go!

6/16/2005 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home