One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Wow! They have daddy's drink in Texas!

Title: Annika's first words upon setting foot on Texan soil, when she spied an vending machine with Powerade on offer. She was duly impressed. So, yes, we managed to find some exorbitantly priced flights to Dallas to attend Aunt Pat's funeral. Bereavement fares, my ass. More on the funeral, the flight, and all that later. Now I must hurry back downstairs to Annika. Yes, we are in the hospital here in Dallas (Children's Medical Center of Dallas). Annika had an upper G.I. bleed, probably in her tummy, and we had to take her to the E.R. yesterday. So far she is doing great, and we did manage to make Pat's service, thank goodness. I hope I'll be able to update more later.

12 Comments:

Blogger Yankee T said...

Good grief, Moreena, what a trial for all of you. And I SO hear you on the bereavement fares. I'm sure Aunt Pat's funeral was a celebration of her life. Thinking of you.

9/02/2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Thinking of you! I hope Anni is doing ok!!!

9/02/2005 3:08 PM  
Anonymous peripateticpolarbear said...

Oh my. I hope Anni is better soon.

9/02/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm sorry Anni got sick--I hope she continues to do well!

9/02/2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger Amanda M said...

Yikes. Bleeds are no fun, hope Anni feels loads better soon! Sorry that you get a tour of Dallas' hospital - at least it's not Houston, right?! I imagine Houston hospitals are overloaded right now.

Hope your trip home goes well.

Big hugs,
Amanda, Aunt to Katie, age 7, BA, kasai

9/02/2005 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

Moreena,

Oh man! I've been waiting for an update from you. I'm very relieved you got to attend your Aunt Pat's service, but so worried about Anni. I don't have a phone # to call you at, but hopefully you have my # with you. Call if you get a chance. Thinking of you guys ALOT!

9/02/2005 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Beanie Baby said...

Oh no--I hope Anni is doing better.

But I'm glad you got to get to the service.

9/03/2005 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Stacy - Tanner's mom from CLASS said...

Moreena - Hope Annika's feeling better soon. I know that you guys don't want to be spending your time in Dallas in the hospital. Praying that you can get out soon!

9/03/2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ugh! I'm glad you were able to make it for your Aunt's funeral, which I'm sure was a beautiful service.

Not so glad you're in the hospital, though! I hope you get sprung soon! Feel better, Anni!

9/04/2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, didn't expect that one! Praying for Annika, hope she is doing better. Glad to hear that you were able to make the funeral.

9/04/2005 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Sheryl from CLASS said...

Yikes. Glad you made it there but worried and praying for Anni. She sure does keep you on your toes Moreena. Praying for a safe, healthy return to home for you all.

9/04/2005 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Becca said...

Yikes.
You've been in my thoughts lately. I admit being one of many addicted to your webpage.

I'm sorry to hear about Anni's latest. Please update when you can.

9/04/2005 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home