The doctors postponed the scope until tomorrow, hoping that the bleeding will have stopped by then and the infection will be under control with the new antibiotics.
She is still bleeding, but more slowly since they started the octreotide, a medicine which slows blood flow to the G.I. tract.
A few alternative theories have been bandied about, but somehow I know with that paranoid intuition of mine that is, I must say, frequently correct, that she has more varices and that we are going to have to talk about another transplant soon.
Even if I'm wrong about that, none of the alternative theories are exactly delightful(recurrence of PTLD, a CMV infection, Crohn's disease).
We will not be home for Christmas.
There is the most beautiful snow falling on Chicago tonight.
Annika said it would be time to go home when it snowed.
For the first time, I'm glad her bed does not face a window.