One day Anni was twirling and singing one of her original compositions.
"It's my gift!" she declared.
Dizzy, she fell with spectacular gracelessness.
Laying on her back on the tile floor she began flapping her arms and legs
as if she were making a snow angel.
"Falling down is also a gift!" says she.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

stylin'

Organ donation can be an uncomfortable topic for all the obvious reasons - it doesn't normally come up, say, during speed-dating sessions - and shirts that promote organ donation aren't usually very cool At All. But here's a shirt from my friends over at Liver Families that finally brings on the style: Save 8 Lives collection on CafePress. Finally, a shirt that you can sport in good conscience without feeling vaguely like a public service announcement billboard. Thanks, Mika!

9 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

Those are really, really cool. I am going to save for one. It's just such a clean and, yes, stylin' design.

Mine aren't nearly as cool. But for what it's worth they are here

4/06/2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Moreena said...

Rowan,
I like how you have used the recycling symbol there without being flip about it. I heard (secondhand) that some donor families did not appreciate the "Recycle Yourself!" t-shirts that were available awhile back. Your design, though, recognizes that it really is a matter of saving a life.
(although I'm pretty sure that any ecologist could make a pretty convincing argument that recycling is no trivial matter - saving the planet and all that...)

4/06/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Thank you. I appreciate that. Any feedback is good. You know, I designed those about six months ago. Looking at them now there is some unmuddying I'd like to do. Especially when compared to the nice clean lines at the liver families site.

I showed Chris the web site you linked. We sat there oohing and ahhing as I hinted, no stated, that I'd really like one of those shirts sometime.

4/07/2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger liz said...

I love those shirts, both the Cafe Press ones and Rowan's.

As soon as I get some clothing budget, I'm gonna buy some.

4/07/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

those are very cool shirts!

4/08/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Heart Mom said...

Very cool!! Is it okay if I list them on my blog also?

Hope things are well, you have been in my thoughts and prayers :)

4/09/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Moreena said...

heart mom - Of course! No need to even ask me! I'm sure the Liver Families people would appreciate it.

4/09/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger The Imperfect Christian said...

That is really neat! I've had "organ donor" on my license from the time I was legal. It's such an important gift. Such an amazing way to help life move forward.

4/09/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Mika said...

Moreena,

Thanks for the nice comments on the designs at the Liver Families store. Its been a great outlet for me to be able to design again after being an at-home mom now for 6 years... I used to be a creative director in my past life pre kid days. Good to know that college degree didn't go to waste!

PS You ALL have permission to post links!! Go for it as Moreena said we appreciate it! : )

Hugs and love to Anni and Frankie!

4/09/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home